SCBCC Mission is to advocate policy and provide resources with improve business opportunities in a multicultural global marketplace for the African American Business & Professionals throughout Solano County.
If you agree with our mission and want to lend your time and talents to an innovative organization there are board member and brand ambassador opportunities available.
Board of Director
Open seats for current Board positions:
For additional information please contact us at 707-378-5301
** Nominee Qualifications:
1) must be SCBCC members
2) must submit resume
3) Board of Director Application
Our Ambassadors are an extension of the Solano Black Chamber of Commerce brand in the community. They become well known to our membership at large, and are able to expand their network and create stringer community connections.
The Ambassador Team serves as an elite group of Chamber members volunteering to assist the Chamber staff with member retention and welcoming new members. Ambassadors build relationships with the Chamber’s newest members, facilitate networking among members and encourage meaningful participation. Ambassador’s involvement in the Chamber programs enhance the membership benefits received by each member, strengthen member commitment and increase long-term member retention.
The Ambassador Program consists of volunteers from the Chamber membership who donate their time to assist the Chamber in various activities. Ambassadors serve a term of one calendar year. Ambassadors can continue to serve after the one year term if agreed upon by the Ambassador and the Chamber. Ambassadors are not industry exclusive however we only allow two (2) members per company/industry. Ambassador serve in a 90 day training process.
Ambassador can expect to spend 6-8 hours per month performing chamber duties such as:
- Understand the mission, values, programs and service of the Chamber
- Attend Membership and Ambassador Committee monthly meetings
- Raising awareness of Chamber activities and benefits to involve new members to promote strong continuing membership
- Attending and volunteering at mixers and signature events
- Calling and connecting with new and renewing members to share the benefits of the Chambers programs and services
- Serving as a mentor for new Chamber members / Ambassadors
- Participate in the Annual Membership Blitz to recruit new members
- Refer potential ambassadors and members to the Chamber
- Accept additional Ambassador assignments as requested
- Adhere to SCBCC Ambassador Code of Ethics & Policies
- Stay current in SCBCC information via www.solanoblackchamber.org
Benefits of Being an Ambassador
- Increased name and face recognition for individual/business
- Increased networking opportunities including: — Connecting one-on-one with new and existing Chamber members — Gaining referral opportunities through other Ambassadors — Presenting a business introduction at an Ambassador meeting
- Potential media coverage from attendance at Chamber events
- Opportunity to get insider’s perspective of the local business community
- Opportunity to meet local business and community leaders
- Opportunity to help the community/show community pride
- Recognition via “Ambassador of the Year” and “Ambassador Spotlights.”
- New business contacts for your business
- Increased knowledge of SCBCC member benefits and services
- Photo on SCBCC website
- We are also looking to establish an Executive Board of Directors who will meet quarterly. This board would include five leaders throughout Solano County.
- Board Members membership to our existing Board. We meet on the 3rd Friday of every month at 4:30pm.
- Enlist as a SCBCC Ambassadors